High-tea at Brunetti ☼

by - Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Hello everyone!  
Last Saturday, my friends and I went to Brunetti to have some high-tea before dinner. The wide collection of cakes is to die for! There's simply too many to choose from. I've always wanted to try out their desserts ever since I took more notice of this shop at Tanglin Mall. Look at the total amount of desserts the three of us chose altogether!



Brunetti is a famous Italian pasticceria and coffee joint from Australia. Most of the online food blog reviews I've read through place focus on their main courses and not too much on the desserts side. So I decided to give it a try since desserts are never too much for a sweet tooth.

Macarons - Salted caramel (white), Vanilla (blue), 
Rose (pink), Chocolate (brown)

One of the macarons went wrong with lots of air bubbles inside the cookie shelf. How unlucky I am to eat a macaron that seems as though half of it was gone! To be honest, the macarons did not taste as great as their outer appearances. I was kinda disappointed, being a huge fan of macarons. ʕ·ᴥ· ʔ


Julio Cesare 

A vanilla sponge cake layered with vanilla chantilly, strawberries and ground hazelnut (almost everywhere) - A good substitution for my strawberry shortcake craving. I only started to like it after a few more bites.


Strawberry pistachio cronut ✧

A combination of my favourite croissant and doughnut together! Each ingredient incorporated inside is just perfect for one other. This is a must try in Brunetti! I would definitely recommend this to everyone! 


Strawberry cream puff

To be honest, it was nothing fancy, just cream puff filled up with cream and thinly sliced strawberries. ʕ☞ᴥ ☜ʔ



Rum Baba

Not a regular/good drinker, I guess the rum was too strong for me since the sponge pastry was soaked in rum. It was a new experience to taste such a different dessert from the usuals. 


Small pastries & cakes assortment -
New York cheesecake, Lemon Meringue tart, Florentine

One does not simply forget taking a picture with the beautiful dessert. 
Ahhhhh my short hair is revealed! ʕ→ᴥ← ʔ


Brunetti Pasticceria
163 Tanglin Road #01-35 Tanglin Mall 

Opening hours
Sun to Wed: 8am – 9pm
Thu to Sat: 8am – 10pm 

Contact
Tel: +65 6733 9088

Main Site
https://www.facebook.com/BrunettiSingapore


And yes! I went for a haircut on the actual day itself. I did hesitate a couple of times before my decision despite sporting countless of short hairstyles in the past. The reason was because it took me close to 8 months to grow to my hair length below. But since the bottom ends were pretty damaged and my hair seemed to drop more than usual, I arrive to that decision. Be surprised! This was actually my longest hair ever in my 22 years of life~ 


There isn't any negative feedbacks of this hairstyle as yet but not that it matters. 


How do you think of this change?


You May Also Like

0 comments