5th Anniversary on Christmas + Boxing Day with friends ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ

by - Monday, December 28, 2015

Hello everyone! ʕ´• ᴥ •`ʔ
Christmas has been a special day for both of us because it marks the 5th year of our relationship. I can't be more thankful for him being in my life and we will both continue to work hard together! 


☃️ C H R I S T M A S  ☃️
We were pretty much occupied with our exams during the month of December so we decided quite last minute to dine at Sumiya while Christmas lunch was with his family. We didn't really take much pictures that day so I'll do most of the speaking here.

Sumiya, Orchard Central
 #12-02, 181 Orchard Road S238896
Tel: 6509-9618

The overall experience at Sumiya was quite a good one till the end and it is not like I harbour any ill feelings towards them; I was just disappointed.  
‧º·ʕ˚ ,╯ ᴥ╰, ʔ ‧º·˚



I took such a handsome picture of him in return for such a shot; unhappy!! 


Should you visit Sumiya some day, I would definitely recommend you to drop by for their lunch sets instead of dinner because the price might just burn a big hole in your wallet. ʕ ≧ ᴥ ≦ ʔ

 Salmon Chucks Tenkomori $28.80
Limited servings everyday*


The salmon sashimi was really rich and fatty that it would literally melt in our mouths. On the other hand, it would have been better if they have sprinkled more salt for the chicken (below) since it is crazy salt. 

Chicken with crazy salt, $8.80

So the disappointment was with their Sumiya's special can can mushi where seafood are steamed with sake and dashi broth, served in a can. The problem did not lie with their service nor their food quality but the waiting time. We actually waited for more than 40 minutes till 2 tables of customers who came after us with big orders leaving and yet our can can mushi was still not served. I was even more disappointed when I found out from one of their staffs that it actually takes 10 to 15 minutes to be prepared. So why did we actually have to wait for that long? ◦。. ʕ ╥ ᴥ ╥ ʔ..。

We entered the restaurant around close to 5.45pm or so and only left close to 8. It would have been better if we have spent the unused time else where. We both left the restaurant with a frustrated feeling to the Gardens by the Bay to have a change of mood.



As expected, the place was experiencing massive crowds since everyone wants to enjoy the Luminarie lights on the very day of Christmas. They were so beautiful 



For this year's Christmas coordinate, I wanted to go for something warmer and furry. I was lucky to find this cute grey furry outerwear that has a soft touch to it and a semi-pleated pink skirt online.

I initially paired them with a white knit but it was too warm for the weather here so I swapped it with an old top.




B O X I N G  D A Y  
I celebrated with my clique of friends and chit-chatted through the night. Despite our busy schedules, it is really nice of everyone to fork out some of their time to gather together once in awhile. 




For Boxing Day's coordinate, I went along with a mustard yellow blouse, acting as an outerwear since warm colour like this is perfect for the autumn/winter season.


2015 has been quite kind to me with lots of new opportunities and meeting new people with similar interests. 2016 might also be the year where I will officially enter the workforce so I hope that it will continue to be an aspiring year ahead! I will also try my best to update this blog as much as possible. Just leave a comment down to let me know what you guys wanna know more about! 


Till next year!! 

You May Also Like

0 comments