Innisfree 2018 Jeju Color Picker – Flower Cotton Ink Review

by - Friday, March 09, 2018

Hello everyone!! 
It's been awhile since I last posted and this marks my first post in the year 2018!


I am certain that most of us here are quite a fan of the hydrangea flowers due to their soft-looking, pastel tones. They are not only great to be admired at but they are also the perfect inspiration for a makeup collection. This time round, Korean beauty brand, Innisfree finally brought its Jeju Color Picker to the stores here in Singapore in early February.


The Jeju Color Picker Collection consists of a Colour Correcting Kit, Contouring Kit, Blooming highlighter, Flower Cotton Ink as well as Real Colour Nail polish. According to Innisfree's Jeju Color Picker Story, this 2018 collection is greatly inspired by the colours of the pastel hydrangeas, which bloom in spring and are found near Jeju’s Jongdal-ri Hydrangea road.

Picture Source

Today's main goal is to share with you my take on their Flower Cotton Ink in shade 02, which I have grabbed off the shelves after Lunar New Year back in February. The Flower Cotton Ink comes in five matte shades, ranging from orangey, pinkish to reddish tones. Choose any one of the shades and I am certain that it will match perfectly with your spring coordinates!


I have always been a fan of their lip tints since years back and I was really thrilled to see this new collection that combines my favourite pastel tones along with lip products from Innisfree. Do check out my previous posts on their products here & here if you haven't! 

In this collection, I picked the Flower Cotton Ink in shade 02, which appears to be more of a cherry blossom pink or bright hydrangea pink colour. The tint is less creamy than their previous Eco flower int with a smooth, yet somewhat watery, providing the lips with a smooth, matte finish.

Here's my take on their Flower Cotton Ink! 

Price:   
The Flower Cotton Ink retails at S$15 each at Innisfree Singapore. I was quite surprised for the mark-up in their pricing, given that the lip tint itself has the exact packaging as the Eco flower tint. Nevertheless, I got convinced entirely by its beautiful box packaging and the collection was seemingly a Spring 2018 limited edition version as well.

Texture:  
The tint itself has a greater amount of watery texture as compared to their previous tint formula. While its watery texture helps to leave a smooth finish on the lips, I find the consistency to be heavier surprisingly and not as cotton-like as termed. That was something I quite dislike as I have a personal preference of having my lip tints to be of a lighter consistency as though I have not applied any lip product on my lips.

Pigmentation:  ❀   
The Flower Cotton Ink definitely has a high level of pigmentation as the colour is vivid and vibrant as shown on pictures despite one layer of application. 

Longevity:  ❀ 
Its great pigmentation helps to provide a long-lasting vividness as my lips were still in its peachy pink colour after several hours out. The colour is definitely suitable for both day or night looks with its great pigmentation and long lasting power.

If you are applying it for a day look, I would advise you to wear something towards a lighter or pastel shade to make the lip colour stand out more. Conversely, if you are doing so for a night look, you can choose clothing with a semi darker tone such as burgundy or khaki.

Overall, the Flower Cotton Ink does deliver its promise of a smooth consistency and matte finish on the lips. While its current formula achieves a slightly watery texture along with grat pigmentation and lasting power, it did not exactly fulfill its cotton-like texture after application. My lips felt somewhat heavy while furthermore, there was also a strong flowery scent that I personally was not a fan of.

Innisfree Singapore: Facebook ❤ Instagram

Momo's Spring Makeup Look

Outfit Rundown
Pastel Spring
The review or verdict of the products may differ from one to another due to personal preferences, thus the best way is to try them out yourself personally. Please feel free to give the Flower Cotton Ink a try if you love hydrangea inspired collection like I do.

I hope that the information has been useful to you. If you have other unique ideas that you would like to share that can probably be a great blog post, please share your thoughts. Many thanks as always! 

Facebook  💌 Instagram

You May Also Like

0 comments